An impressive ring of 17 standing stones dating to the Bronze Age. One stone, on the right is recumbent and is believed to be an altar, the surface having cup marks and carvings. Directly opposite it are two larger portal stones. At the winter solstice, the sun sets at a point on the horizon directly above the altar stone and in alignment with the gap between the portals. Excavations in 1957 revealed an inverted pot in the centre of the circle containing the cremated remains of a young man. These have been recent radiocarbon dated to between 1100 and 800 B.C. On the coast of County Cork in Ireland.